Saturday, July 16, 2011

National Politics

   I have been trying to proactive about the debt ceiling talks in Washington D.C., by planning a course of action if the debt ceiling isn't raised. One cannot spend money one doesn't have, so on Monday I am going to ask the Jackie, the financial director at Heartland, what might happen to residents whose social security and other government pensions might be in jeopardy if a budget resolution doesn't occur.
   I don't plan on keeping Eleanor at Heartland if she is receiving no income, as it would be irresponsible to stay there if she doesn't have income coming in. I've been measuring doors and considering options on moving her to our house if the worst case scenario does occur. I would assume that I am not the only one who is starting to think along these lines. When I hear tea party spokespeople saying a default wouldn't effect the economy, I don't really think they have a good understanding of how economies work.

No comments:

Post a Comment